Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
oak

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy wrote: February 21st, 2023, 12:14 pm Sadly Sunday I melted down…
This understandable, and wholly human.

In fact, it would be odd if you didn’t feel this way: it is a wholly sane response to an insane 2023.

Also, good luck on Friday. Please do keep us posted. I send good vibes.

Lastly, though this doesn’t have anything to do with the above, I thought this might make you smile:

In kettlebell today, my crush “happened” to bump into me… twice. She said hello to me (swoon).

We need to get me out more.

In the meantime, hang in there our good friend Mental Fairy!
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

“”” I text my therapist and immediately he offered coffee and a chat. We have been texting as I can’t face myself currentl”””

Thank you, Mister Therapist, for taking care of my friend Gia.

I agree with Oak. Human reaction to an insane concurrence of shitty circumstances
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Sometimes texting is the way to go.
Measured give-and-take.

And while reading the surveys, Paul has mentioned that the desire to flee and just be anywhere else is a common sentiment and he hears it all the time..
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

I honestly feel so guilty for packing my bags. It was the end of the road for me emotionally.

I honestly can’t thank you all enough, it’s nice to link digital arms with you all and hold each other up.

Oak, super proud of you!
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

It was the end of the road for me emotionally.
You've been through so much turmoil in the last few months both internal and external - it's no wonder. (My god, I could make a list...)

Be kind to yourself. You deserve it.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

When you look at the horrible aftermath of this flood it makes you appreciate things differently. Most patients that come through the door here have a cry if it is spoken about. The fact more rain is coming is horrid. This will take years to come back from.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

Good evening, MF,

It sounds like you're having a normal reaction to extreme events. The desire to take flight seems like simple self-preservation.

I ran into unexpected wind and rain driving home this evening, and I immediately thought of you & hoped you were anticipating mild sunny days ahead. I'm so sorry to hear that's not the case.

I'm glad you have some support from your therapist and colleagues. All my support as well, and one more group hug for good measure.

:romance-grouphug:

rg
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Group hug has been felt thank you.

Just keeping busy with typing and patients. Therapy again will start in a couple of weeks. I felt myself sliding away from my own self yesterday afternoon. It’s almost like you’re not even in your own body.

We really are feeling a bit overwhelmed here. I did my yoga this morning, no run today as it’s a rest day. Tomorrow it’s scans with Matt and Joe will take him. I am weak in that part. I can’t bring myself to see the scan as I can read them and Joe can’t. I would rather not know to be honest. Makes me feel sick.

This weekend I have a race so we will all go down as a family, it’s about an hour south of here. Will take photos for you.

Hugs to all and so sorry I can’t dive deep into topics currently I’m feeling a little overwhelmed currently. Please know I care for your all individually and know we are all going to be ok.
oak

Post by oak »

You're doing very good, Mental Fairy. You just keep this up. Just like you are.

I send massive good vibes for the scan Friday.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Scans are done. I couldn’t bring myself to go, Joe took Matt. I hid at work before my facade of strength! Not.

I’m very interested to hear about Oaks take on American modern man. Enlighten me my friend.

This might sound odd but I feel like I’m the observer of myself. Being under a blanket of pressure I have noted lack of appetite, lack of awareness, forgetfulness, exhaustion, anger, sadness, compassion floats through then it’s gone again. Dissociation and more anger. Did I mention anger.

Return to “PTSD”