Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
oak

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by oak »

Mental Fairy, I’m glad you had a good time, and that it was a powerful experience.

It is a cool medal, and I’m glad the Americans were welcoming to you.

It sounds like you already have a preliminary plan for next year.

In the meantime, soak your feet in some Epsom salts, and enjoy your accomplishment.
Work is love made visible. -Kahlil Gibran
A person with a "why" can endure any "how". -Viktor Frankl
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Mental Fairy,

Wow, just read your post, and I'm so happy for you!
Congratulations!

You are stronger than you know.

:clap:
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi team

Thank you for your support.

I’ve woken and feel like I’ve been through a garbage disposal. Body is screaming at me.

I have work today and I’m dreading going in.

Over the weekend two significant things happened in relation to work.

1/our medical typist confirmed her last day is the same as mine

2/ the private hospital in which we work out of on the theatre days has cut my employers working days by half as her attitude and work ethic is being questioned. This will mark her undoubtedly nasty.

Also she has court coming up as her previous employee is taking her for grievance through courts.

I fear what I’m walking into.

Also got my contract on new job and it is lovely. I’m worried and unsettled currently. I feel the anxiety through my body.

My body has not been processing solid food well since before the trip. I am still waiting for food to process from last Friday. The pain is somewhat eye watering
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Mental Fairy,

I was checking one of my earlier postings and saw this....

I'm glad your trip went well- it seemed to be a nice adventure!

And I'm sorry you're having another digestive bout. The stress of the job change surely isn't helping. (Once you do make the transition, maybe that'll help a bit.)

About your employer - Didn't know she had such other baggage.
It's easy for me to say, but she needs to take a sabbatical to get herself straightened out mentally and emotionally.

(No need to answer, but how long have you been working with her? I guess you've seen her in better days too, right?)

Wishing you the best.

SD
oak

Post by oak »

Agreed with SnoringDog.

Also, this morning at an upscale grocery store, 9:30 on a Sunday morning, I was accosted by an older man running his mouth.

I said that to say this: people are unhinged lately. It often seems to be privileged people in their 50s.

I think they get so used to people de-escalating (as I did today), that they keep doing it, until one day someone stands up to them, as your idiot boss is finding out.

FAFO.

While both of our situations are serious, many a truth is spoken in jest. Hence, this classic Simpsons clip about starting stuff with strangers:

https://youtu.be/HmvSgvy7a34

And I said all that to say this:

It is not your fault, Mental Fairy. Something has gone awry in society, and in the broken mind/souls of our fellow citizens, who think it is a good idea to start stuff, with people minding their own business, for no reason.

All that said, good luck this week. Keep us posted my friend.

We’re here for you.
Which is better: to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? -Skyrim
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Team

I have been with this clinic near on three years.

At first things were really hard, I took her as a serious surgeon with quirks. Let’s just say they have morphed into a seriously unhinged surgeon with conspiracy theories running through her blood.

I love history, I enjoy documentaries on historical facts, the ancient times through to abandoned engineering series that I adore.

Yesterday I was watching a documentary about the series of events that drought Hitler down. It also went into conspiracy theories. As soon as it got into that part i immediately recognised similar discussions I’ve had with my boss. What she thinks of other countries outside of Russia would make your toenails curl. The hatred in her voice and towards people is incredible.
It wasn’t long after I started that I noted how tired she was all the time. It clicked to me how much energy she must use up being so negative and controlling towards people.

She tired to get me invested into her theories but I wasn’t able to understand why on earth she would try! She knows I love history, she is aware I read a great deal but she also now knows I’m don’t believe a word she says. She is certain NZ government is listening to her conversations, checking her emails and seeing what she watches on her Russian programs. She’s one step away from tin foil hat graduation.

The hospital clearly cannot tolerate her bullying ways, she has had many court appearances so I found out last week in regards to previous workplace grievances. I don’t want to be here right now, however I have patients to care for. They come first. Not her.

Time to dash to the library and get my next book!
oak

Post by oak »

Oh yeah, she is gone, mentally.

Enjoy your time at the library!

If you like tales of the sea, I recommend “A Voyage for Madmen”.

Also, try an old O. Henry book if you get a chance. They are charming short stories from a hundred years ago, and (mostly) have happy endings.

🙂
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Currently reading a book about the breath and sleep issues. Help me better understand the breathing we do.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hello beautiful people of my life

The body post race feels like it is in recovery mode. I didn’t achieve what I set to achieve but in all honesty I feel grateful I did the run, faced loads of people and embraced the emotions that came with it.

I have learnt I will never travel with Les ever again. I have learnt I can do hard things, and that distance makes the heart grow in many ways.

I am currently training up my replacement who doesn’t seems to be doing a whole lot. I have my reservations.
However during a little panic attack moment yesterday at work I heard a familiar BING! It was my mailbox on email at work.
Earlier in the day I reached out to a national company about sorting some medical stock. Thinking I might get a call or a reply emails in the days to come I forgot about it. A reply came through assisting me in my request and at the bottom on the letter the sender wrote a question, am I the lady who used to work in emergency dental department? I replied with a yes.

The sender then replying with a comment saying they were just talking about me on the Monday before. I was confused as this company is based way out of our region.
I asked how they knew me, he replied with an explanation saying he used to deal with some of my medical supplies back when I was working there in the dental department for over 10 years. He remembered me because I was the one person who gave the best hugs!

Honestly I almost fell off my seat. Back then I was not conscious of my self really. I was struggling and working very long shifts. Yet still there was an impact on others I didn’t know I had. I informed him I will be back in the clinic starting September 4th. It honestly made my day.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hit a mental wall currently, it’s like the cogs have stopped turning and all I want to do is go home and do the gardens or clean the house. Currently at my desk waiting for this not so productive replacement person to show up. I just want to walk away from it all.
The boss is being purposely horrible and I also noted she has to hold herself back before saying something she shouldn’t. She has court next week as someone is taking her for grievance who used to work here. I dislike this feeling I am having.

Return to “PTSD”