Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by Mental Fairy »

Troebia, thank you. I should shouldn’t I. I’m just nervous as a beaver in a desert. (Don’t know where that came from!

Something I wanted to say Troebia is I admire you coming through this journey with the medication. I wanted to punch every SOB that gave me advice when I was on the same as you. I held onto hope it would work and maybe fix things in the immediate future. Boy was I wrong. That journey made me a little stronger and you I hope will also feel that soon.

I have felt so low the last few weeks since my results. I think because I felt defeated, depressed and frustrated. I have no real control over this disease and that’s ok. I’m doing what I can will the tools I have in my Gia Kit of physical and mental health supplies.

So on that note I’ve decided to join a challenge and do 1200km walk,jog, run challenge. Not all at once of course but over 2024. It’s an incentive to get my mojo back. Try regain something back I used to have and miss so very much.
I miss the strength I once had, the power in my legs and distances I would cover. Today I managed a fast walk as I left to late and there sun came up! Omg I sound like a real nut case.

Anywho, I’ve also had my old climbing partner rock up into my surgery today and sweep me off my feet. It’s time to face the hill again. I’ve got to get my old self back, I miss it. I’m low without the mountain at my feet.

It will be baby steps obviously and listening to the body. Continue with my Qigong and yoga.

Better go feed the neighbours cat she’s trying to climb through the window.

Hugs to you all.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Yesterday my butcher friend dropped me off a bag of homemade sausages for the boys. They smelt amazing. I put them into my bag and forgot about them until later in the evening I finished work and made my way along the foreshore to my car, I turned when I heard a strange noise and right behind me was a cat following me and my bag! This cat is known about the city as cocoa due to the fur colour. I laughed my arse off as she insisted on coming to my car to get a sausage. I know the owner who lives where I park my car so I knocked on her door and gave her cocoa and a bag of sausage!

Highlight of my day.

Tomorrow my friends I’m going to surprise my boss as he knows how much of a grinch I am. He insisted on putting up three Xmas trees in the surgery. 3!!!!!!

So I have a Santa onesie and a hat and tomorrow I will partake in some office humour.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hilarious update, Mental Fairy! I like to think the cat cooked up the sausage, ate with a little bit of mustard! :lol:
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

I did my online interview yesterday morning, I have absolutely no idea what i said! Will send you link when it airs in new year.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

15 years ago today my mother passed away in a way I will never forget nor understand. The brutal two hours that changed my life forever and sailed me down a path of self sabotage and self hatred. Alas, I am here and way better than I ever way. Amen to you all for being there with me on the journey of a lifetime I wouldn’t sidestep or change. If it wasn’t for her I would never have gotten to know you all. Silver linings are always there.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

By my niece
Attachments
IMG_3540.jpeg
IMG_3540.jpeg (198.88 KiB) Viewed 31365 times
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Post by troebia »

Mental Fairy wrote: December 10th, 2023, 12:44 pm By my niece
I like it! She really has talent.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Mental Fairy,

I'm touched by your message.
Sometimes words at the right time, and just knowing someone gives a $h!t can pull one thru...

And I love the picture! "Birds! - Endlessly Fascinating!" :D

(BTW - If you're "pencil shy" I'm sure she'd love to help you).
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi Team

Well what a start to the week. It’s Tuesday, I’m sitting in my office at work doing some paperwork and in walks my father’s old partner. She handed me an envelope and inside was a photo in black and white of my mother. Apparently she found it in one of my dad’s books. He’s been dead two maybe three years. It was so strange. I’ve not seen her since a week after he died. Was rather awkward. I didn’t really say anything but took the envelope and she left.

Now I am left with this envelope on my desk that part of me wants to put through a shredder. I so happen to have a shredder and it’s taking everything in me to not put it through. More so for the reason of wanting to know how it feels! I know, I know it’s my mum. But there is some very deep anger there behind all of this situation for some reason.

Tonight I have an online zoom meeting for a national grief team. I’m curious to see how others approach it.

Since doing the last one for the podcast it’s stirred up a wealth of mental Pooh. It’s like my brain shit in my ears and all I hear is bubbling anger!

Thinking of you all
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

NO mum you are NOT going to work today, and that’s an order.
Attachments
IMG_3545.jpeg
IMG_3545.jpeg (149.74 KiB) Viewed 31270 times

Return to “PTSD”