Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by Mental Fairy »

Sounds horrible. I have so much appreciation for my workplace. Was there for over 12 years and had three years away. It felt like coming home when I went back. Doesn’t have a feeling of resistance or unease at all. Come naturally and with so much grace. Very lucky in that way.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I love reading the back-and-forth between Mental Fairy and Troebia. I admire you both immensely. So much wisdom
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi MM,

Thank you!

Today I spent my morning with Donya. Breakfast at the local cafe and endless chatting. She was offloading onto me and I onto her. We jumped in my car and for the first time ever I took her on a drive to the places I grew up. Then made our way to the cemetery and there she got to see mums plot and my twin sister. Then to my grandmother and Grampy. Strangely I felt absolutely no emotion really, just numb.

I want to share something that caught me off guard yesterday.
For the 12 years we have been living in Taranaki Joe, Matt and Myself make our way to the Christmas village here just north of the town. After walking around and taking mental notes we each select our chosen Christmas decoration. We place on the tree on our return home. The objective of this is for when Matt leaves home he gets to take all his decorations with him and start his own tree leaving us with his first one and rebuilding the tree decorations from there when we buy one each again and add to our own trees. If he has a child then he start the tradition again!

I completely forgot about doing it this year as Christmas has snuck up on us and been the last thing on our mind. Matt came up behind me when I was cooking dinner last night and put his head on my shoulder and asked if we could go to the Christmas village. I felt bad for forgetting but so touched that my nearly 20 year old son wants to go to the Christmas shop with me. We went today and it was really special this time for some reason. Joe is working unfortunately so we picked one for him.

We were standing by a beautiful red tree and a woman beside us was looking at another tree next to the one we were admiring. This woman openly said out loud ‘this one looks like a butt plug’ to her husband. Matt burst into laughter and I looked at her shocked and immediately had to walk away before I would break out into laughter at the fact my son knew what that was!

Anywho!

Troebia I am currently reading a book about a local artist here. It has really honestly made me think of you every time I turn the page. Her name is Charlotte Giblin. Please look her up. Her story and journey is rather inspiring. If you would like a copy let me know if you can’t get it online. I highly recommend it as the art really portrays her life through mental health. She also does online tutorials on You Tube.

I wish I could have you all her for Christmas, who knows one day we should all do a zoom class!
You have all given me strength to get to this Christmas.

Photos to come!
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

With the read, her art is also all the way through it
Attachments
IMG_3586.jpeg
IMG_3586.jpeg (133.29 KiB) Viewed 64478 times
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

My duck Uckie who couldn’t wait a moment more for breakfast and for me to open my bedroom window. Omg I love birds. SD you have opened a whole new world to me.
Attachments
IMG_3587.jpeg
IMG_3587.jpeg (168.67 KiB) Viewed 64478 times
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Love love love these rabbits
Attachments
IMG_3588.jpeg
IMG_3588.jpeg (222.76 KiB) Viewed 64478 times
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Post by troebia »

Hi MF,

I enjoyed reading about Charlotte Giblin and seeing her works, and also read the extract of her latest book on her website...seems like quite a journey she did from an early age. I can relate to some of it but didn't have similar family support nor that nuclear force from within, driving me forward. I was (am?) just "lost" and winged it as I stumbled along, on a mentally bumpy road with lots of dead ends.

Rabbits, ducks and buttplugs :D Bless that woman, she probably has playful and satisfying sex with her partner.
Last edited by troebia on December 17th, 2023, 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by manuel_moe_g »

LOL! 😂
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hard to concentrate today. Anxious and tired. Maybe antibiotics? Sleep is not coming easy as Joes on night shift. I never sleep well when he’s not home for some reason.
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression

Post by troebia »

MF, I'm practically in the dog house. Due to my insomnia and tossing and turning in bed, my wife has prohibited me from taking a centimeter more than half of the duvet, and I'm not permitted to touch her in the slightest way while she is asleep.

Return to “PTSD”