Mind Body and Trauma

To start a discussion post as a new topic.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Mind Body and Trauma

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi lovely!

Oh no way. You know what this means ah? You make that dog house as comfortable and lovely as possible so that the bed is not at all drawing you towards it. I have a bedroom I have set up as back up for “dog house” days!
If you don’t have an extra bedroom then invest in a portable bed. Get yourself some delicious sheets or comforter and make the dog house appealing! Reverse phycology my friend.
Sure you don’t feel like sleeping so do some NSDR practice in the doghouse. Or Yoga Nidra.

Flip this on its head and make the doghouse a penthouse
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Post by troebia »

Mental Fairy wrote: December 18th, 2023, 2:21 pm Reverse phycology my friend.
Yes you're right, and there are so many things to be grateful for I suppose. To so many people my life would be a penthouse, even with raging tinnitus. The luxury of even being able to stop to think and feel.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Goal setting (realistic ones) reverse psychology and support. Even if the support comes in the form a different bed while you’re in the insomnia zone. Joe moved downstairs a few weeks ago as at times I relive the exorcist in my sleep!!! If I floated out my house one day i would not be surprised!
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

It’s official, I’m nuts.
I dreamt there was sheep in my bedroom last night. Three lambs.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hello my people

Long shift today and somewhat jaded. Last day tomorrow until Jan 4th. I miss it already and it’s not even end of my work day!

The antibiotics have done an amazing service to the body. Today I woke for the first time with a spring in my step. So what does one do when you notice that spring??? You go for a run, that’s what dorks like me do. So at 4am I was up and dressed, bounding out the door like Bambi on caffeine socked daisies. I turned on my running app and only planned to do 5km max. I did 8.3.
How did I feel? Great. How do I feel now ? Tired and sore! I

Anywho, I signed up for a walking/jogging challenge for 2024 which you can start any time. I officially want to start on the first but will make today day one. Get ahead and all that. Part of the challenge with the running magazine is to log your walks/ jogs and a bit of the inspiration to do it. I wrote a small article and I said I was doing this for my own benefit on a mental Nd physical level, and I’m dedicating my challenge to you all here reading this.

Why?

Because there are people who come by this forum, the podcast and many others who suffer with depression and anxiety who find it hard to even get out the door some days. I am one of those. And I pledge to try get my headspace and mindset in order to inspire others to walk just 3.5km a day. Or 1200km over 12 months.
Every step I take on this challenge I will be taking you, the reader, the listener and the mutual minded friends here.

You are all loved and I got to try this challenge and not be so darn hard on myself and allow myself to walk/ jog in daylight!

The magazine people emailed and asked me to do an article! Yeah, nah. I got my articles right here.

Love you all.
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Hi beautiful people

Have out Xmas on hold this year. Had a little accident on my run this morning and having emergency surgery at 8am Christmas Eve. The photos might gross you out. I had a fall and put my hands out to brace the fall. The outcome has almost cost me the use of my thumb. Going to try reattach in morning.

Merry Thumbless
troebia
Issues: anxiety, nightmares, depression
preferred pronoun: he

Post by troebia »

MF, I sincerely hope you'll be well and restored as soon as possible.
Lots of hugs
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Mental Fairy,

Shit! Terrible news! :? :cry:

I hope the surgery goes well, and you regain full thumbtionality ASAP.
:roll: ;)

SD
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

Thank you . It feels weird having had open wounds for 24 hours. The right hand palm is just a flap hanging. Going to theatre in hour. There is an amusing side to this, my surgeon has written on my arm with an arrow saying PB. That to a runner is personal best!
Mental Fairy

Post by Mental Fairy »

My personal best
Attachments
IMG_3613.jpeg
IMG_3613.jpeg (194.65 KiB) Viewed 160074 times

Return to “PTSD”