Hello

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
PillSames
Issues: Anxiety (Social, Generalized), Depression, Insomnia
preferred pronoun: he

Hello

Post by PillSames »

I have been listening to the Podcast for about 4-5 months. I was listening to Christina Pazsitzky's podcast "That's Deep, Bro" when she mentioned it, and I have been hooked to it ever since.

I am a 27 year old male from Canada, and I have just recently had a psychiatric assessment. I have been diagnosed with Social Anxiety, Generalized Anxiety and Major Depressive Disorders. I've been having trouble with self-esteem since I was about 11-12 years old due to bullying by both my peers and a few nasty teachers. I'm still struggling with panic attacks in large social gatherings, and doubt my self-worth constantly. I am dating someone right now, and I question every guy-friend she goes out with as someone she will cheat with, confirming how worthless I am. I can't lurk her friends' list on Facebook to try and look up these guys, and that makes me feel more anxious (although it probably wouldn't help anyway). I think about all the worst possibilities and conclusions for any given situation, and it keeps me in a constant state of peril. My performance anxiety keeps me from trying new things and taking risks. It keeps me feeling depressed because I feel I have nothing to offer people, and I am lowest on the social hierarchy. The psychiatrist suggested I can get into cognitive behavioral therapy and start taking meds again. I hope I can get in soon, but even in Canada the backlog to get into the government-funded programs is quite high.

I could ramble incoherently forever, but I will leave it there. HELLO EVERYONE!
hunted
Issues: abuse
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Hello

Post by hunted »

Hi, and welcome.
I am brand new here myself.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hello

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello PillSames, welcome to our little forum! Make yourself at home in the threads and topics here.

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.
PillSames wrote:My performance anxiety keeps me from trying new things and taking risks.
I know what you mean. I am glad to read that you are considering cognitive behavioral therapy, and I am sorry to hear that in Canada you will have to first be put on a waitlist.

Please take care, all the best, keep the lines of communication open, you are not alone!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”