Sad sack

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
bakeandenjoy

Sad sack

Post by bakeandenjoy »

Hey everybody.

I'm new to the forum although I've listened to the podcast since Janet Varney (my favorite episode).

I have been suffering (too true) from depression since I was 12, and am now 24.
I've been living with my parents for almost a year after I was laid-off from my job. I attended University and played soccer, but dropped out of both due to my depression.

My sadness manifests itself through excessive napping, eating, and hopelessness. It has always been hard for me to keep a job long-term because of my inability to get out of bed on occasion.

I have seen therapists on and off since high school, tried several medications, but nothing seems to really help. I also cannot afford any therapy at the moment, which sucks, because I need it!

Did everyone else feel like a total downer when they wrote this?

Anyway, Thanks all!
the cheat

Re: Sad sack

Post by the cheat »

hey, bake. welcome.

i'm kind of in the same boat. no medication having much of an effect and currently too broke for therapy. lately i've been isolating a lot and skimping out on my exercise. good times!
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Sad sack

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Bakeandenjoy,

First off, genius name. Love it! Secondly, boy do I relate to what you describe. Sometimes a nap is the highlight of my day and I have to be okay with that. Sometimes I get excessive with the things that bring me pleasure (food, video games, etc). So know that you are not alone. And welcome to the forum!

Paul
:D
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”