Question

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
craigc

Question

Post by craigc »

On 20 mg celexa. Can these meds stop working? Any thoughts on ability?
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Question

Post by Cheldoll »

I was on Celexa pretty much all through high school into the beginning college and it worked well for me. Unfortunately, I was never able to reduce my dosage. I had to increase it a few times. Eventually we could tell that it just wasn't as effective as it used to be and had to find a new medication. My psychiatrist told me that this was normal -- your brain gets used to the meds after a while and sort of build up a tolerance. If it's been working for you so far, don't worry about it eventually not being effective. That won't be for a long time if it happens at all.
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
craigc

Post by craigc »

Hey thanx!! I'm a guys guy. Friggn embarrassed my celexa has STOPPED. Would you mind telln me what you switched too after Celexa. O, please. I'm not a "crazy person" just a guy who is hurtin. You replied i feel lil more comfortable askn you. I never did nuthin like this so..... If for any reason this is not appropiate. I promise! I wont reach out again. Its totally ok. Thanks.!
Cheldoll
Issues: Depression, anxiety, anorexia, sexually abused
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Cheldoll »

Don't worry about asking! That's totally fine. I went on Effexor afterwards, and I know a lot of other people on that too. I've actually just stopped taking it and using Zoloft now, so that's another option. Don't be afraid to ask anything here. :)
xoxo,
Chel

" Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do,
care about many of the things you care about, although most people don't care about them.
You are not alone. " — Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Return to “Medications”