Anger Issues

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
bocephus

Anger Issues

Post by bocephus »

The forum just ate my previous attempt at this which makes me a little grumpy which is funny because I was writing about anger issues.

Hi, I'm Bo and I seem to vacillate between being very angry and not feeling anything at all. The good news is that I am able to keep myself from hurting people physically or emotionally. The bad news is that I have to push all of that anger down, and it comes out in very strange and shitty ways sometimes.

I'm looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and helping where I can.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Anger Issues

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello bocephus, welcome to our little forum. Sorry the forum ate your first post. :oops: :oops:

I like Eckhart Tolle's _A_New_Earth_ . It talks about diminishing the ego, and anger frequently comes from egoistic reactions.

Frankly, I have problems with anger, and the best way that I have to deal with it is to avoid situations where I know my anger will flare up, or briefly meditate just before going into a situation that I know can trigger my anger.

Please take care, all the best, we here are cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow. :D :D :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

Thanks for the tips and encouragement manuel_moe! I'll check that book out soon.
Mr.Chimney

Post by Mr.Chimney »

I always knew Sterling Archer would have some mental health issues in need of examination!

Joking aside (what episode is that where Archer has a top hat, by the way?), I know that you are not alone and I wish you only the very best here in forum-town.
"The Logos of domination has built its system, and what follows is epilogue"
- Herbert Marcuse, Eros and Civilization, pp: 107
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

Thanks Mr. Chimney! Here's where I found the image, but I don't know which episode it's from:

http://archer.wikia.com/wiki/File:Archer_partying.png
Cornflake Girl

Post by Cornflake Girl »

Hi, Bocephus (did I spell that right?). I empathize with you regarding anger issues. That is one of the most difficult challenges I am faced with in therapy. But things are coming along. A New Earth is a great book (sometimes the library has audiobooks).
Sending you positive energy. Welcome to the group. You are definitely NOT alone :)
Mantra: I am enough. I do enough. I have enough.
bocephus

Post by bocephus »

Thanks Cornflake Girl! I'll check that book out. Also, thanks for the positive energy!

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”