Hello from an NYC Depressive

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
WoebegoneWarrior

Hello from an NYC Depressive

Post by WoebegoneWarrior »

Hello. I'm a forty-something woman living in NYC who's in recovery from Major Depressive Disorder and Alcoholism. I've been sober for many years, but only recently started on a true path to recovery from depression. A year ago I had my worst, lowest depression to date, but now I'm much better and on medication (Selexa) as well as in therapy. I discovered the podcast a few months ago from The Atlantic Monthly article, and loved it at first listen. It's so great to come out of the fog of self-hatred to find that the stigma of mental illness is being torn down left and right all around me. I've never been a forum or chatroom person, but this is one I think is worth a try!

P.S. I recently started a blog to share about different resources that have helped me to find free and low-cost mental health care – mostly in NYC, but I post about online resources, too, like this website. ;-) It's here: woebegonewarrior.blogspot.com. Check it out and make a mental patient happy! :D
seb

Re: Hello from an NYC Depressive

Post by seb »

Hello WW!

Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums. I'm off to read your blog right now. I'm a sucker for a good plug. Um.. despite my avatar that's not a euphemism. :D
My bucket list: 1) The light blue one in the cupboard. 2) The green one under the tap in the garden.
WoebegoneWarrior

Hello, SEB! Thank you sooooo much for replying. I have to admit that I was starting to get my feelings hurt that no one said hi back. On a mental illness forum. Hello. We're sensitive! Lols

PS - My name is Kristin.
seb

Post by seb »

Hi Kristin! My name is Seb. I know, you would never guess that from the username. ;)

*waves*

Great blog, too.
My bucket list: 1) The light blue one in the cupboard. 2) The green one under the tap in the garden.
heart

Post by heart »

Your blog is awesome :) I love the TED talk you posted. I listened to the chill out song yesterday when I had a panic attack in school and sort of stumbled into the bathroom. Thanks for sharing all you wisdom!!
WoebegoneWarrior

Ohmigosh, Seb! That's the best thing I've heard all week. Oh no. The second-best. I got a job for the first time in 2 years, so that just trumps this. But just barely!!! Thanks so much.

-Kristin
Stina
Issues: Avoidant PD, Generalized Anxiety, Persistent Depression, Social Anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Stina »

Congratulations on your new job, Kristin! :D
~~~ Kristina ~~~
weird and broken
WoebegoneWarrior

Ohmigosh - just realized that the most awesome reply from above that was the best thing I heard all week wasn't from Seb, it was from heart! So thank you heart! I didn't check to see that someone else was actually talking to me! Thankyouthankyouthankyou!

-kristin

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”