I'm Here

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Marshein

I'm Here

Post by Marshein »

It took enough hoops to jump thru to get here! But everything is that way online, or these days, or...WTF knows why and where but it seems like it's such a big deal to do something so simple like just say I'm here. I'm Marshein, and I happen to be the oldest subscriber to this podcast, which I discovered when I took the general survey. I was the only person in the over 60 category. I'm 66 and not ashamed of it! Not that I'm happy, mind you. Or proud. Or anything like that. The fact is, being this old is scary. Closer to the grim reaper. For the first time in my life I iwsh I believed in something, you know, like god? I'm finding this just too hard without something like that--but you can't just say, I believe! and poof, you do. Cant be done.
Fredbo

Re: I'm Here

Post by Fredbo »

I like the old line "I know God exists... because He clearly hates me!"
In any event, I'm a 38 year old atheist, so I don't think I can be of any religious belief kind of help. I can welcome you to the forum, however. Welcome aboard!!!

-Fredbo
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
B-annie

Re: I'm Here

Post by B-annie »

Hi, I'm here too - I'm 52 and I can say I have given some thought to what getting older means to me and how I do or do not look at any kind of god. I kind of think it will be like "boom boom, out go the lights" (can't remember what song that was). I just think we'll kind of fade out during the death process and nothing will happen - we will just cease to exist any longer. Maybe I'll be surprised and that will be, well, surprising LOL.
Anyhow, welcome.......Billie

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”