Just another new person

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
ThaneRising

Just another new person

Post by ThaneRising »

I'm a very talkative person, but I won't flood you guys with everything I have to say in my very first post. So to keep this introduction from running wild:

I stumbled upon MentalPod not too long ago, and I was entertained with how Paul could maintain a serious conversation about mental issues and yet still be able to crack some good jokes as well.

On a scale of how much I need to be here, I don't know how to answer. Am I immobilized by depression? No; I still live somewhat of a normal life (albeit an unimpressive life). And I wouldn't want to put down on paper that I "have depression." But would doctors diagnose me with depression? Probably. I have personal disdain for the diagnosis of depression, medication, and therapy, and I will keep those opinions to myself because I understand that I am in the minority with those opinions (plus they're a bit harsh).

I also feel kinda sheepish to be here because when I look at the other people that are here sharing the issues that they have and what they're trying to get through, I certainly wouldn't say my own issues are of the same caliber, which makes me think that I'm wasting people's time trying to bring attention to my issues that now seem relatively minuscule. But I'm opting to post my feelings here because I have no one I know that I can share these feelings with in my life. I think we should all know that it's better to get your feelings out, and knowing that there might be some people listening and able to relate is a cherry on top.

So in advance, I appreciate those of you who are willing to spend your time reading and responding to the things I have to say. And you are welcome to inquire further about me, but I'll decide what I'm willing to answer.
KristiC

Re: Just another new person

Post by KristiC »

From one newbie to another, welcome!

And I'll tell you something a friend told me recently that just made my day: You don't have to minimize your feelings. Not here.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”