Hello!

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
CausticBanana
Issues: Anxiety, PTSD, OCD, Bipolar 2, Dissociation
preferred pronoun: She

Hello!

Post by CausticBanana »

I found MIHH a couple months ago, and it has inspired me to seek help for what has been diagnosed as bipolar 2 as well as other issues related to sexual abuse I experienced as an adolescent. This is actually my first time joining an online forum in almost 10 years after almost getting kidnapped by an online predator I'd had a "relationship" with at the age of 13. I've been on medication for about 4 months for mood swings and crippling anxiety, and I feel like I'm slowly making progress. I've recently ended a very toxic 4 year long relationship with someone I'd considered my best friend. It took me three years to realize that I'd been isolated from everyone I love and that my soul was dying. I've learned that I'm very susceptible to being controlled, and I don't know how to change it. I'm definitely feeling more positive about things, but I still dissociate regularly. I have one child, toddler age, and seeing her responses to my instability is what motivated me to finally get help.

It's been so healing to listen to others talk about (and give names to) things that I've been feeling and struggling with my whole life. It's a whole new world! I honestly never knew that there was anyone out there that felt the same way I did. I'm so glad to have found a haven, and thank you all for being such an awesome and supportive community!
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: Hello!

Post by brownblob »

I'm glad you've found MIHH. It's a great podcast. I'm glad you've decided to seek help for yourself. You sound like you are becoming aware of your issues. Life is never easy, and struggling with mental issues make it that much more complicated. I wish you good luck and healing. Welcome to the forum.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”