hi there, anyone on here like me ?

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
spartan88
Issues: depression
preferred pronoun: he

hi there, anyone on here like me ?

Post by spartan88 »

hi ,

I had never experienced depression in my life until 2 years ago. a breakup up of a long term relationship then a cancer diagnosis a month after put me in a deep depression that I have never recovered from. I ended up on an ssri for 6 months that helped but I came off due to the sexual side effects and feel I have been permanently damaged by the depression episode or the antidepressants.

vie went from someone who loved being alive, lots of hobbies and friends a a total lust for life to someone who doesn't really want to live anymore. started the same pills that I suspect damaged me 3 weeks ago and I am really struggling to keep going.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: hi there, anyone on here like me ?

Post by rivergirl »

Hi Spartan88,
I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner. I had a long-term relationship end while I was dealing with a diagnosis of a chronic illness and struggling through a lot of physical pain.
I'm so sorry that you had to go through losing your relationship and then getting a cancer diagnosis in such a short time. I think that would be overwhelming for anyone.

How are you doing with your physical health now? And do you think the ssri is working? I hope you're feeling at least some relief since you posted last. Please let us know how you're doing.

rivergirl

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”