Hello everyone

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
oceans11
Issues: isolating, lonliness, fear of intimacy
preferred pronoun: she

Hello everyone

Post by oceans11 »

Hello everyone,

I'm nervous even though we are speaking online! I'm new here and am exploring the forum for the first time. I can already tell that it is a special place--very kind and supportive. Believe me, I need that right now. I have manic depression but mainly struggle with isolation and lonliness. I try so hard to engage in life and reach out to others but just feel like I'm always on the fringes. Also, if anyone starts to get too close, I push them away, thereby increasing my lonliness. I hope there is a person who might have tips to help. Anyway, I really hope that I can both give and receive support here.

oceans11

p.s. I don't spell very well, sorry
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hello everyone

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello oceans11, welcome to our little forum. Make yourself at home in the threads and topics here.

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – you can also use this functionality to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.

I had issues with isolation and loneliness, I got better when I leaned into connection by doing the opposite of what my impulse was, because I knew that my impulses were detrimental to me.

Please take care, and keep the lines of communication open. All the best, cheers.
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”