Nervous Nelly

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Noyoki
Issues: BPD, Bipolar Disorder, overeating, sex, father
preferred pronoun: She

Nervous Nelly

Post by Noyoki »

Hiya everyone. New to the podcast and the forum. I'm Noyoki, which is a name taken from a fictional character in a fictional language that means "Nobody". Which pretty much describes my view of myself. I'm female, 43, no kids, no husband, a fat and aggressive cat, and an ex as a roommate. Sounds nuts, but it works for us. I haven't been part of a forum for a long time, and I truly miss the camaraderie. I found the podcast on Spotify, it was recommended after listening to The Hilarios World Of Depression. I actually like The Mental Illness Happy Hour more, it encompasses so much more. I have BP NOS, BPD, and 3 flavors of anxiety, along with addictive tendencies and co-dependency. I'm into the 80's in the podcasts, I listen to them daily at work. It helped push me to get back into therapy, which I've avoided for the past 2 years. I'm happy to meet you all, and look forward to many chats. :)
I should have loved a thunderbird instead;
At least when spring comes they roar back again.
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)"
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Nervous Nelly

Post by bigeekgirl »

Welcome! This is a supportive little corner.

I dig your user name. I have a history of feeling like I'm not real or important. It's a terrible feeling. I would say it's not true of anyone ever born except me. Needless to say, co-dependency is the root of every problem I have. If it helps, the fellow (recovering) co-dependents in my life and the regulars on this fourm are absolutely vital to my existence.
E is for Elephant
Issues: anxiety, depression
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Nervous Nelly

Post by E is for Elephant »

Glad to have you here, Noyoki.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”