New - Laguna/Tom

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Laguna
Issues: Diagnosed chronic to severe depression, anxiety, anger issues, OCPD.
preferred pronoun: He

New - Laguna/Tom

Post by Laguna »

Hello everyone, I have been listening to the podcast for the past 6 months or so and love it. I actually felt so terrible today I wanted to make an account in an effort to meet people who might be similar to me. I'll just go ahead and list these - chronic to severe depression, OCPD, major anxiety, bad anger issues, general feeling of worthlessness.

I am a loving dog dad and my Great Pyrenees/Lab mix Lyra is literally my entire world, if I didn't meet her I would not be typing here today. I have finally come to terms with that and it doesn't particularly feel great, but it keeps me waking up every morning and not ending my life during the times I feel at my lowest (pretty much a every other day occurrence).

Thank you for reading :)
Suzanne
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Re: New - Laguna/Tom

Post by Suzanne »

Thanks for sharing. I have just discovered this site and hoping it will be a good source of support.
I have struggled with depression and anxiety forever. Like you, I have dogs. 2 in fact and they are my company. I also have adult kids(not at home) but the doggies are my fur babies that live with me. Good luck to us both finding support on this site.
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the board. I struggle with depression too. I have a cat presently. I used to have a retriever mix but he passed away 3 years ago. I still miss him.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Post by snoringdog »

Hello to both of you! New here too.

Dogs really are the best! And there's no shame in admitting an attachment to another living being, right?

Humans can be so difficult sometimes (me included, I'm sure)!

Regards

Snoringdog

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”