heya (・∀・)ノ゛

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
mandelbabe
Issues: Depression, Pure-O OCD, BPD, Other Specified Dissociative Disorder type 1
preferred pronoun: check signature

heya (・∀・)ノ゛

Post by mandelbabe »

what's up! i'm kieran and i'm 22 (23 next month!). i've been recently diagnosed(? maybe? my trauma therapist said it "definitely sounds like (i) have a dissociative disorder" so i'm counting that) with other specified dissociative disorder type 1 (similar to DID, just with a different type of amnesia that lets me remember things but still registers them as having happened to someone else) so you might hear from roman, nikolás, aj, alice, and/or julie. or someone else, who knows what could happen :|

i'm here because i started listening to the podcast recently and wanted to make friends with other people who have the same interest in abnormal psychology (trying to ignore how the name is a bit insensitive) and may have the same issues as me *gestures toward my profile*. or just issues in general! only the #coolkids have mental disorders. (picture me wearing sunglasses but it's like, clearly to hide that i'm on the verge of tears. but i still look really stylish.)

other than a mentally ill dude ("dude" being used loosely), i'm a cat owner, a pubished poet, a theatre student (i promise i won't start singing without permission), a hobbyist web developer, and above all, Just Some Guy.

nice to meet you all! i'm excited to be an active member of the community :)

- kieran
fractal system (other specified dissociative disorder)
kieran, he/xe/they; roman, he/him; nikolás, he/him; aj, he/him; alice, she/her; julie, she/her.
we try to sign all our posts, but we might forget. it probably won't matter much, though.
Mental Fairy
Issues: Recently sleep walking increased. History of anxiety depression
preferred pronoun: She

Re: heya (・∀・)ノ゛

Post by Mental Fairy »

Welcome welcome welcome or in my county we say haere mai.
snoringdog
Issues: anxiety, depression, automatic negative thoughts, intrusive thoughts, SAD.
preferred pronoun: "Good Boy!"

Re: heya (・∀・)ノ゛

Post by snoringdog »

Hello Kieren / Mandlebabe,

Welcome to the board!

No experience with DID or similar, so I can't help there.
But poetry - Love it. (Well, some of the post-modern stuff is kinda tough...).

Not one myself, but awhile back while in a wound-up state of anxiety and obsessive/compulsive thinking, I posted some Haiku to the board. Fun!
And it helped.

If you ever want to post, I'll gladly read.

(FWIW - I've attended a few poetry open-mics, and everyone gets applause. It takes guts to get up there, especially when it's you're own stuff :clap: ).

Wishing you the best!

SD

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”