Hello: still raining in PDX

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
e.taylor
Issues: anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Hello: still raining in PDX

Post by e.taylor »

Hello,
I am extremely honored to be a part of this forum in hopes that I can hear a little bit about everyone's amazing journey! Mental illness can be a very shaming fear based experience for someone who is suffering. This forum is an excellent opportunity for individuals to come together out of the darkness and shed some light on Mental illness.

I am a recent transplant from the Bay Area to Portland. I work in rural community mental health in Oregon. I am a psychotherapist, board-certified from the State of California and the State of Oregon to provide marriage and family therapy. I am also a registered art therapist. In addition, I am in the process of becoming a certified drug and alcohol counselor. I have a Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy and Art Therapy from the Notre Dame de Namur University in Belmont, California. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from The Ohio State University.

In my professional practice, I specialize in working with adolescents and helping families and teenagers navigate through this challenging life phase. I have facilitated a variety of therapeutic and psycho-educational as well as DBT groups for families and young adults who are struggling with identity formation. I have a small private practice that caters to young adults navigating identity formation. In addition, I have worked over 10 years with various local non-profits providing psychotherapy and art therapy to extremely diverse and disenfranchised clients.
Glock therapy
Issues: Depression, isolation, procrastination, shame
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Hello: still raining in PDX

Post by Glock therapy »

Hi e.taylor,
Sounds like you've got a really wonderful multidisciplinary knowledge base to draw from in your work. And it sounds like you've been working in settings that make you affordable to normal people!! :) Big kudos on that last bit, coming from someone who sure has required such arrangements. Good luck in your new setting. If you don't mind, what inspired the move from the Bay Area farther north?

-gt

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”