New, in limbo, and ready to go back to therapy

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Lili_Catilla
Issues: Depression, anxiety, loneliness, insecurity
preferred pronoun: She/her/hers

New, in limbo, and ready to go back to therapy

Post by Lili_Catilla »

I just started listening to the podcast - I think I had seen it recommended by someone in the comments on Shakesville.

I've been burning through episodes, and the show has really been speaking to me. I just finished my dissertation (still needs to be submitted to the graduate school but.... Mostly done.) I feel like I should be happy or at least relieved but I'm not. Instead I see no happy future ahead of me, just more of the same depression and loneliness. The podcast has made me realize that this is not sustainable, and has motivated me to take some action to get back into therapy.

I'm looking forward to being a part of this community ^_^
brownblob
Issues: depression and anxiety
preferred pronoun: whatshisname

Re: New, in limbo, and ready to go back to therapy

Post by brownblob »

Welcome to the forum.
Congrats on finishing your dissertation and congrats on realizing you need help with your depression and loneliness. Good luck to you on your journey.
I don't like people much and they don't much like me. -A Beautiful Mind
I'm Homesick for a home I never had.--Soul Asylum "Homesick"
Imissmysun
Issues: Anxiety, Depression, past trauma healing,
preferred pronoun: she

Post by Imissmysun »

Finishing school is scary - because then you need to prove to yourself it was worth it by finding "meaningful work" then you realize that just about every songle job out there is corporate la-dee-dah nonsense and the meaning is lost - it sucks - however there is a way to find a happy niche to work in - maybe that will mean eventually creating your own foundation or project that you can live off of and help others or that you find great meaning in and enjoy -

I know that my life did not at all follow the path I saw for myself - that is where a lot of my issues come from - I feel ike I have been totally derailed from my true self - does that motivate me to be better - internally yes - externally - no I lack action - I sit and think and propose but have no follow through - I suck at follow through - I wish I was better at it - I have no idea how to be better at it

Therapy is awesome! I love my therapist - It is a big crutch, but I feel like I need more and I don't know exactly what that is...

Anyway, welcome!

I was totally self aggrandizing and I am sorry :(
Just another messed up chick, who hates her body and face, and voice, and thinks she is useless and her stuff isn't that bad and she should get over it.
-Sarah St. Lunatic
solo_in_the_big_city
Issues: Anxiety and depression
preferred pronoun: she

Post by solo_in_the_big_city »

Limbo is rough. Yay, you for submitting that dissertation.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”