Long time listener, first time forum poster...

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
Cinderflame

Long time listener, first time forum poster...

Post by Cinderflame »

Hi, my name is Patrick. I'm 36 years old, and from just outside Seattle.

I have major depression, had some nasty suicidal moments in the past. I was diagnosed in 2001 when I hit my suicidal worst, though I strongly suspect I've dealt with it all my life. In about 2005 I finally was able to get onto Social Security. I've been slowly getting better in some ways, and spinning my wheels in others.

I heave been listening off and on for a long time, jeez since before the Teresa Strasser episode. Sometimes the episode has been the lifeline that I needed, some weeks I've just deleted the episode from my podcatcher, because I couldn't handle listening to other people's problems when my own problems were overflowing.

A few months ago, I had a friend of mine break down completely and just open up to me on Facebook chat. Not to the point of suicide, but she was just completely overwhelmed by the bullshit in her life. Remembering back to the show, I told her those four magical words Paul ends each show with, "You are not alone," and that was exactly what she needed to hear.

So yeah, I finally decided to create an account here and join the community. I can't promise to be here all the time; like I said, some weeks I just can't handle other people. But when I'm on, I've found that I am great at helping others with their problems. I'm just shit at dealing with my own. And I firmly believe that we are all this way, even designed that way. Otherwise, we wouldn't need each other
Peedee

Re: Long time listener, first time forum poster...

Post by Peedee »

hello there welcome aboard. Yes you are not alone. And it is hard to listen to other peoples problems when we are consumed by our own. I guess thats where we need to be open and see other peoples problems and their ability to get thru ther issues. Hopefully we can learn some small aspects that can help us on our own journey to recovery.

;)
Pro Trucker

Re: Long time listener, first time forum poster...

Post by Pro Trucker »

Hey Seattle, Im a new forum guy too. Yes, you are not alone. I share your ability to be empathetic and caring about others but am not able to show myself the same compassion...weird shit huh? Welcome.

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”