Hi!

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
RSRA
Issues: PTSD, Anxiety, Depression, Anorexia
preferred pronoun: she

Hi!

Post by RSRA »

32-year-old female from NH here...

I've been listening to the podcast for about three weeks now, and it has become a blessing on my 60-mile-each-way commute. (I have actually even found myself sitting in my driveway to finish a podcast

I grew up in a dysfunctional, codependent family system, and have suffered from Depression, Anorexia, PTSD and Anxiety Disorders of many flavors. I love listening to the podcasts because it really helps me to feel less alone. I have been in therapy for two years, and am considering switching up my treatment soon to include EMDR, as well as potential support groups (but I'm not quite there yet.) I do not take medication, but actively participate in meditation daily, journaling, and other things that help me heal. My classes are also really helping me to understand what mental illness looks like, and is giving me a whole new perspective, as well as challenging me in many ways that I maybe didn't expect entirely? I'm not quite sure how to put that.

I'm really looking forward to contributing to what already looks like some amazing dialogue!
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hi!

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello RSRA, welcome to the forum! :D

Read your introductory post and your post about PTSD from your major auto accident.
RSRA wrote:actively participate in meditation daily, journaling, and other things
Great to hear that you are taking an active role in your good mental health!

All the best, we here are all cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
B-annie

Post by B-annie »

Hi.......
Hope you check back to read responses......I have been involved with EMDR for over a year now......it has been a God send to me.....a real life saver.....please, please, please try this therapy. If you need help locating someone in your area I could ask my therapist to help locate someone....let me know
Billie
Fredbo

Post by Fredbo »

Welcome... Hope this place helps. It has been helping me.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”