Just Wanted to Introduce Myself

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
daveyboy54

Just Wanted to Introduce Myself

Post by daveyboy54 »

By way of introduction, my name is Dave Kanofsky and I have suffered from depression ever since I was five years old. In 1986, I was diagnosed with clinical depression. Those depressive episodes cost me one marriage and ruined my financial situation.

Thanks to clinical depression, my decision making ability was down the toilet. When I was in undergraduate and graduate school, I majored in a subject area I did not enjoy but forced myself to go through, not once but twice.. After college, I kept hopping from job to job job. The first several weeks of each job were fine or so I thought. Eventually I would get severely depressed because I really was not happy with the type of job I had applied for in the first place. So I quit, telling myself that the next job would be better. Yeah, right. Never happened.

Since I was in a vicious psychological catch-22, i was never able to save money. They say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. Do you notice a pattern here ? When my first wife, who was the bread winner, died in 1998, things went from bad to worse. I maxed out my credit cards by borrowing money to live off of since I was too depressed to work. Eventually, I had to declare bankruptcy and went onto disability and my second marriage ended in a divorce.

By the grace of God, things began to turn around in 2007. My doctor put me on some medication that was just right for me. Slowly, all the clinical depressive symptoms began to subside. Soon, after years of talk therapy and a handful of different medications, I was completely free, not of depression but of the symptoms. For the first time in over a quarter century I was finally able to make some rational adult decisions for myself . I retired from the industry I "worked" in all those years. My third wife is very supportive and although, I am still on disability, I created a blueprint for myself on how to earn or make money online so I do not have to totally depend on the federal government for assistance. Eventually, I will not have to depend on government assistance at all.

Hope to make new friends here and help when I can. :D
Kindest regards,

Dave
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Just Wanted to Introduce Myself

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Welcome to our little forum, daveyboy54. We here are all cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”