Well hello!

Tell us something about yourself. Post as new topic.
opal.emerald

Well hello!

Post by opal.emerald »

Hi there! I'm new, thought I'd introduce myself and say hello! I'm a 26 year old new(ish) mom, my family and I live in Nebraska. I have struggled with anxiety and depression for the majority of my life. I've been through therapy and learned how to cope with my own issues in (mostly) healthy ways... I have seen the same therapist for 8 years. Now I'm struggling with my husband's family, which has brought us to my therapist together. His mother and his sister both exhibit strong BPD characteristics even though they've never been professionally diagnosed. I'm really struggling to accept that this is our life, that they may never choose to get help, that I may spend the next 18 years trying to shield my child from what happened to me. I'm also adopted and getting back in touch with both of my biological parents. It has been an intense year. I'll post more in depth later on in a more specific group, if I get into the details this will turn into a book! Lol.

I'm glad to have stumbled across this podcast during my pregnancy, and am really happy to be joining this online community! :)
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Well hello!

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Welcome to our little forum, opal.emerald! Hope you enjoy your visits. We here are cheering for you and for your greatest today and tomorrow! :D :D :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Mr.Chimney

Re: Well hello!

Post by Mr.Chimney »

I think you may be the first person from Nebraska I have ever written to. Hello! I know next to nothing about the state except that there's a football team called the Cornhuskers and that there's an Omaha in there somewhere. And a Lincoln too, I think.

But I digress. I'm glad to see that you're getting help and that you're clear-headed about what's going on and how it bothers you. Welcome aboard!
"The Logos of domination has built its system, and what follows is epilogue"
- Herbert Marcuse, Eros and Civilization, pp: 107

Return to “Introduce Yourself Here”