Hello: still raining in PDX

This is reserved for professionals to talk to each other. If you aren't a professional and want to talk to one, click on Ask a Professional and choose one of our professional volunteers.
e.taylor
Issues: anxiety
preferred pronoun: she

Hello: still raining in PDX

Post by e.taylor »

Hello,
I am extremely honored to be on this forum in hopes that I can hear a little bit about everyone's amazing journey! Mental illness can be a very shaming fear based experience for someone who is suffering. This forum is an excellent opportunity for individuals to come together out of the darkness and shed some light on Mental illness.

I am a recent transplant from the Bay Area to Portland. I work in rural community mental health in Oregon. I am a psychotherapist, board-certified from the State of California and the State of Oregon to provide marriage and family therapy. I am also a registered art therapist. In addition, I am in the process of becoming a certified drug and alcohol counselor. I have a Masters of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy and Art Therapy from the Notre Dame de Namur University in Belmont, California. I have a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts from The Ohio State University.

In my professional practice, I specialize in working with adolescents and helping families and teenagers navigate through this challenging life phase. I have facilitated a variety of therapeutic and psycho-educational, DBT groups for families and young adults who are struggling with identity formation. I have a small private practice that caters to young adults navigating identity formation. In addition, I have worked over 10 years with various local non-profits providing psychotherapy and art therapy to extremely diverse and disenfranchised clients.

Erin Taylor, LMFT/ATR
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Hello: still raining in PDX

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello e.taylor, welcome to our little forum. Make yourself at home in the threads and topics here! :D

Forum tips: You can keep up with all activity on the forum by clicking “View active topics” under the main Board index. And when you post, you can subscribe to the replies by clicking on “Subscribe topic” at the bottom of the page – this also allows you to subscribe to new replies of any topic that interests you.

All the best, cheers!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
man4pak40

Post by man4pak40 »

- Do Not Ask For or Provide Medical Advice here. This site is by non-professionals for non-professionals. It's not a doctor's office it's a waiting room. While we do have some professionals volunteering advice in the "Ask a Professional" section it is not meant to be a substitute for one-on-one counseling and should be taken as opinion only and to be weighed alongside other opinions/resources.
lcamers

Post by lcamers »

Great and wonderful PDX
SallieMaesBitch
Issues: Dysthymia, general anxiety, hoarding, overeating, cutting, alcoholism, hypomania
preferred pronoun: he

Post by SallieMaesBitch »

Welcome! Unfortunately I'm no longer in Portland, but I'm in the business for a therapist and your art therapy background would have been a nice addition. Enjoy bridgetown, it's a lovely city, and feel free to message me if you need any advice about the city.

Return to “Mental Health Professional to Professional”