Hello from Erin (a little more about me)...

Erin was inspired to become a therapist through her own struggles with depression and anxiety and specializes in working with individuals suffering from major depression (including suicidal thoughts), chronic anxiety and/or emotionally abusive relationships. She is based in Los Angeles.
Erin.NewHabits
Issues: Depression, suicidal ideation, anxiety, family dysfunction
preferred pronoun: She

Hello from Erin (a little more about me)...

Post by Erin.NewHabits »

Hello fellow mentalpod listeners,
I started listening to the Mental Illness Happy Hour podcast during summer 2014 when I was in a very dark place personally and found it to be an incredible source of support and inspiration. I have been working as a mental health counselor since 2010 and have had my own struggles with depression and anxiety since childhood. It would be my pleasure to hear from you and to offer my empathy and support for whatever challenges you might be facing.

Please feel free to check out my bio below and/or visit my website to learn more about me and my counseling approach.

Warmly,
Erin
erin@newhabitscounseling.com
http://www.newhabitscounseling.com

Erin Fox Bishop has her bachelor's degree from U.C. Berkeley, her law degree from UCLA and her master's degree in clinical psychology from Antioch University Los Angeles. She is currently a registered marriage and family therapy intern seeing adults, teens, couples and families in a Los Angeles private practice (http://www.newhabitscounseling.com).

Erin was inspired to become a therapist through her own struggles with and treatment for depression and anxiety. She specializes in working with individuals suffering from major depression (including suicidal thoughts), chronic anxiety and/or emotionally abusive relationships. She also enjoys working with couples in conflict, past and present participants in 12-step recovery work and parents of children with developmental issues/special needs.

Erin's therapy approach emphasizes non-judgmental awareness and self-compassion. She also works as a non-profit consultant in the field of social/healthcare services for children and adults with developmental disabilities (i.e., autism spectrum disorders, cerebral palsy, epilepsy and intellectual disability).

When she is not listening to the Mental Illness Happy Hour, she enjoys vegging out with her husband, yoga, swimming, light hiking, traveling and dogs of all kinds.
inmymind
Issues: Depression, anxiety, intimate relationships.
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Hello from Erin (a little more about me)...

Post by inmymind »

Hi Erin,

Wow, I'm impressed with your credentials! Great job. It would be great to talk with you more.

D.

Return to “Erin Fox Bishop MFT Intern”