Episode 230: Raised in Scientology: Derek Bloch

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

Episode 230: Raised in Scientology: Derek Bloch

Post by SpookyGhost »

The 28 year-old talks about being raised in the Church of Scientology by a narcissistic father and passive mother. He details the abuse inflicted by their “Sea Org” starting when he was 13, how he reconciled their homophobia with his being gay and ultimately how he broke away from the church and his family. - See more at: http://mentalpod.com/Raised-in-Scientol ... 4CJ0w.dpuf
Living the Dream
Issues: Incest, self-worth, speaking up for myself, anxiety
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Episode 230: Raised in Scientology: Derek Bloch

Post by Living the Dream »

Currently listening - Derek is talking about sitting on his dad's bed with a gun while he considered suicide.

"If nobody else cares about me, at least I can care about myself...at least I can be there for myself. I have so much more to live for, what's the point of ending it all now. And that's not even going to be satisfying...I wouldn't be satisfied, I'd be dead."

This was the exact same thought I had while contemplating how I was going to kill myself in high school. Exact same thought. I remember the relief that came over me once that got into my head - like there was a light at the end of my shit tunnel - and I could see it, and I just had to focus on that light and let all the shit roll off my back until I got to that light.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”