Episode 328: Crack, Fights & Trying to Find Love - Charlie

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

Episode 328: Crack, Fights & Trying to Find Love - Charlie

Post by SpookyGhost »

Paul's support group friend has led an astoundingly painful life especially in regard to his mother (schizophrenia, depression), father (workaholic, hoarder), and sister (drug addict). He describes his descent into drugs (crack), emotionally damaged women and violence before finding the key to understanding his behavior.

This episode is sponsored by BetterHelp. To see if online counseling is right for you go to www.BetterHelp.com/mental and experience a free week. Must be 18.

This episode is sponsored by ZipRecruiter. To post jobs for free to go www.ZipRecruiter.com/first

This episode is sponsored by Audible. To start a free trial or just see their catalog of audiobooks go to www.Audible.com/mental

Support the podcast by becoming a one-time donor, a monthly donor or use when shopping at Amazon, enter using our Amazon link so they give us some money (at no cost to you).
Beany Boo
Issues: Risk averse, conversation difficulty, relationship difficulty
preferred pronoun: He/him

Re: Episode 328: Crack, Fights & Trying to Find Love - Charl

Post by Beany Boo »

I really connected with this episode. Both with the guest and also a lot of Paul's commentary. Particularly the one about finding the same faults in others that you have yourself and finding compassion for them (and yourself) that way. I found myself doing it as he was saying it. I really value Charlie's journey for the candor he recalls it with, the similarities to my own, his recovery and especially his struggle with violence. It's so deeply helpful to hear.
Mr (blue) B. Boo

‘Out of nowhere the mind comes forth.’ - Zen koan

‘Let go or be dragged.’ - Zen proverb

‘Knowing how to yield is strength.’ - Laozi

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”