370: Horror & Beauty - Witnesses to a Shooting

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

370: Horror & Beauty - Witnesses to a Shooting

Post by SpookyGhost »

Paul is joined by two support group friends, Jonathan & Mukunda, to talk about their experience 3 weeks earlier when a shooting victim stumbled into their meeting and began bleeding out at their feet. Jonathan and Mukunda, both sober and ex-criminals, talk about how they were able to respond differently today than they would have when they were gangbangers.
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Re: 370: Horror & Beauty - Witnesses to a Shooting

Post by bigeekgirl »

I loved Jonathan & Mukunda. Wish they'd been on the podcast under less traumatic circumstances, but I loved the peek into this very special group of guys who mean so much to Paul. I love that they can joke and rib each other in a truly supportive, loving way. Intimacy, pure and beautiful.
Nerraux

Re: 370: Horror & Beauty - Witnesses to a Shooting

Post by Nerraux »

Mukunda was talking about how much his life has changed and how he used to be a stick-up man, but now was walking in a path that made it possible for saving this man's life and I got to thinking. One of people's biggest criticisms about God is that, if he's all powerful, why does he let bad things happen to good people. And of course, the standard answer is that his plan is too complex for us to understand and the atheist reply is "bullshit." Call it God's plan, call it Karma, call it coincidence, but the fact is that your friends' troubled, violent pasts are what enabled them to save this man's life. And that's amazing.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”