The Devil & James Bond - Michael Cannan

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

The Devil & James Bond - Michael Cannan

Post by SpookyGhost »

Paul's support group friend, recovering heroin addict and author shares about his upbringing on the Isle of Mann (UK) and the shame and anxiety he felt about secrets in his family and within himself. He opens up about his psychosis that convinced him that not only was he the devil he was also James Bond. He touches on his battles with depression, anxiety, panic attacks, codependency, religious delusions and grappling with the idea of what it means to be a man.

For more on Michael Website: michaelcannan.com Twitter: @MichaelCannan IG: @michaelcannan FB: @MichaelCannanAuthor Buy Hunting Concrete Lions on Amazon: http://amzn.eu/2l0i0aC
CJ_theodora
Issues: anxiety, depression, pure OCD
preferred pronoun: she

Re: The Devil & James Bond - Michael Cannan

Post by CJ_theodora »

After listening to this episode, I snagged the book Michael recommended (Spiritual Emergency by Stanislav Grof), and boy, do I wish I had read that 18 years ago when my wicked dark anxiety attacks cropped up! I always had some sense that they were in part a kind of growing pains, and reading this book was like reading my hunches affirmed. I heartily second his recommendation, especially if you are interested in the intersection between spirituality and mental illness.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”