Nora McInerny - Live in Minneapolis

SpookyGhost
Issues: Anxiety, self harm, PTSD, childhood sexual abuse, rape, emotional eating
preferred pronoun: She

Nora McInerny - Live in Minneapolis

Post by SpookyGhost »

The host of the Terrible Thanks For Asking podcast and author of It's Okay To Laugh (Crying is Cool Too) sits down with Paul before a live audience to talk about how she processed (and still is) the grief of losing family members and dealing with her depression and anxiety. A funny and touching conversation.

For more on Nora go to www.NoraBorealis.com

http://mentalpod.libsyn.com/nora-mciner ... inneapolis
owl
preferred pronoun: she

Re: Nora McInerny - Live in Minneapolis

Post by owl »

I was really touched by the survey from maladaptor at the end. I thought the story about his first time was moving and I felt for him that he's still carrying guilt about it around. I don't think we talk enough about first times being bad in that way for the guy, like that vulnerability doesn't seem to be allowed, but I thought he seemed very emotionally intelligent from how he felt guilt over not being able to comfort her. I wish that kind of situation came up in movies or tv more, to show people it's really common for first times to suck, and for people to not be emotionally equipped to fix things or act like they think they should. It's just so much pressure.
Ihavetinnitus_mawp
Issues: Depression, Anxiety, Emotional Neglect, Emotional Abuse, Misophonia
preferred pronoun: She

Post by Ihavetinnitus_mawp »

This was my favorite episode so far. I absolutely loved every minute of it. Thanks to Paul and Nora!
bigeekgirl
Issues: depression/anxiety. co-dependence, disordered eating/using food to cope
preferred pronoun: she

Post by bigeekgirl »

Nora did a great job being vulnerable with a live audience. Sometimes, the live episodes feel too funny and not enough mentalpod. Still good, but not the intensity of a one-on-one with Paul. Understandable, not everyone is as fearless as Nora.

Return to “Podcast Episodes/Surveys”