Episode 54: Vietnam Vet Bobby T

Post discussions as new topics.
MatWeller

Episode 54: Vietnam Vet Bobby T

Post by MatWeller »

Paul --

PLEASE let Bobby T know that there are many of us out here that think about the men who serve in the military all the time. I'll be honest, I don't _do_ as much as I should, but I think that's going to change after hearing this episode. I had actually started a project a while ago that I believed in very much called Warrior Journal where I had hoped to make a podcast of stories from veterans as a way for them to get it off their chests, as a way for the people of the present to learn the truth about war which I believe we discuss way too casually all the time, and as a way to preserve these stories for history. I had tried for months to get it off the ground, but I didn't have a lot of connections with military people to set up interviews and the lack of responses to my inquiries discouraged me until I stopped trying. I need to do better. Bobby T makes me want to do better.

Our government doesn't want us to know the true cost of war. We have trouble facing what we suspect to be the true cost in the back of our minds. Interviews like this are crucial on a personal, societal and historical level. Thank you so much for doing the interview. Thank Bobby so much for sharing. I'm dumbstruck, I'm thankful, and I want more than anything for him to know that we know the debt we owe to people like him and we are ashamed that every one of them isn't showered with all of the gifts and all of the help they need.

Thank you.

Mat
MatWeller

Re: Episode 54: Vietnam Vet Bobby T

Post by MatWeller »

By the way, as part of me taking another stab at Warrior Journal, let me just offer the address -- http://WarriorJournal.org -- and if Bobby T or anyone else that reads this has suggestions of people I could talk to, I would welcome any and all referrals.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”