at home Mom

Post discussions as new topics.
SER

at home Mom

Post by SER »

Someone suggested that you look into the challenges that "at home Mom's" deal with. Its a good idea. I have been an at home, and part time at home, Dad for 3 years. Its tough. Its a combination of raking up memories of your own disfunction childhood, the isolation that often comes with childcare, plus the added guilt of not being happy that your child is perfectly healthy.
imnotcrzee

Re: at home Mom

Post by imnotcrzee »

I too think having stay at home parents on is a good idea.

It's a combination of raking up memories of your own disfunction childhood, the isolation that often comes with childcare, plus the added guilt of not being happy that your child is perfectly healthy.

I can relate to what SER said. It is overwhelming to have old memories stirred up from a craptastic childhood when you see your same kid at that age. Also a suggestion to have parents who either left a successful career or are full time care for their kids but didnt choose to be. I.e., lost job due to mental illness, could not afford daycare, has a special needs child, or did choose it without realizing it is the most difficult job in the world.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”