#010 Chris Fairbanks – Comedian, Fuel TV host, Skateboarder

Post discussions as new topics.
ether667

#010 Chris Fairbanks – Comedian, Fuel TV host, Skateboarder

Post by ether667 »

I've been a big fan of Chris Fairbanks for quite a bit and wasn't aware of the current situation with his mother! I was very sorry to hear about that, and can empathize a little because towards the end my mother also went down that path, around age 60 as well. It did feel as if she wasn't there anymore.

It's a weird thing how one could have a better performance when only moments before they receive news that bums them out. For me, when it comes to 'work' work, I'll not do as well under those circumstances, however I have been told that entertainment performances have always been more memorable when that stuff happens before hand. Just a theory, but it may have to do with the nature of performers, where being on stage is a bit of escapism and when certain events are occurring, one can desire a full immersion into the act (consciously or subconsciously) and end up transforming the despair into a more powerful, creative art form.

On a brighter note, Mr. Fairbanks sent me a signed copy of his album "Fairbanks" shortly after it became available on CD and I must say it's one of my all time favorites! I've listened to it several times over and over again, picking up on new things each time.
howsyerfather

Re: #010 Chris Fairbanks – Comedian, Fuel TV host, Skateboar

Post by howsyerfather »

I listened to this interview as I walked home from work today. It was compelling. For me, it was very different from the other interviews so far, probably because Chris revealed his story in real time. It seemed unrehearsed.

At the start, Paul started off in the usual way, chatting quite a lot about the business and looking for a connection with this guy he was meeting for the first time. As Chris painted the picture of his life right at the moment with such clarity,steered the interview more subtly, allowing Chris to express what he needed to say . Brilliant stuff. This isn't meant to be a review, but an appreciation of some time spent together with you guys, a world away from me but real and immediate. Loved it. Looking forward to hearing more about Chris's experiences as life plays itself out for him.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”