A Day of You

Post discussions as new topics.
marathonbar

A Day of You

Post by marathonbar »

I'm only halfway through this episode, but I love it. Kudos to you, Paul, for going forward with it. I know how trying something new like that can be totally anxiety-producing, but it's been great to hear what a day in your life is like.
I had to respond to the one fear-off that you got, the guy who said he is afraid that people will ask him "Have you lost weight?" When you said that, it was like bells went off. I have the same exact fear, but I was never able to pinpoint it. I've been trying to figure out what it is about someone saying that that makes me so nervous. I guess the thinking behind it is that if someone says that to you, you have to wonder what they thought of you before. Are they saying, "Holy shit, you were so fat before"? Did they talk about you with other people? Are they surprised that you actually had the willpower to lose weight? I don't know... I'm still mulling this all over, but I'm so glad you shared that fear. I always thought I was crazy for feeling that way. Now I know I'm in good (albeit maybe crazy) company.
I'm ready to live a life of joy.
girlonthe3rdfloor

Re: A Day of You

Post by girlonthe3rdfloor »

Great Idea to do this show. I love the part where you talk all your fear out loud. Still a fan. Just wanted to say this so Paul knows that I am still listening. Thanks for trying something different, nice shift.
Cinderflame

Post by Cinderflame »

If I have any listeners left by the end of this show, I'll be shocked
Favorite line of the show!
Glock therapy
Issues: Depression, isolation, procrastination, shame
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Glock therapy »

Great show!! Found this really, really funny and touching (on a day I sooo needed this). The fact that Paul was worried it sucked serves as good example to just give stuff a shot. Was thinking of whether I should suggest a particular episode for folks to start with when I recommend MIHH to others, and this might be the one.

Hope this becomes a recurring thing and that Paul doesn't hesitate to try different ideas.
Sabriel

Post by Sabriel »

I enjoyed most of this episode until he started being so nasty negative. It almost made me turn off the episode but I decided to keep listening and enjoyed the rest of the episode. I don't mind listening to the dark and icky as Paul puts it but some of what he said just seemed like he was trying to insult people. That's what bugged me. Overall though, I love listening to this because it makes you think about things in a different way than what you can get just from being in your own head. Definitely helpful to know that we are not alone, no matter what fucked up things have happened to or around us.

Don't know if you will see this Paul, but I definitely want to thank you for being brave enough to create this podcast. It's nice to have something that is more real and not just platitudes and niceties. Keep it going!

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”