Episodes on Depression, Social Anxiety and More

Post discussions as new topics.
Aviv

Episodes on Depression, Social Anxiety and More

Post by Aviv »

Hi there. I'm a regular listener to the podcast and only now I've joined the forums because I need help with something I can't do on my own. I need assistance finding a specific episode I have in mind, plus general suggestions for episodes dealing with certain subjects. I made a new friend who is suffering/struggling with these, and I tried to communicate to her some of the wisdom I've learned from the podcast but it would be more effective and convincing hearing it from more people. I told her about the podcast and she expressed an interest in listening, so now all I have to do is suggest to her specific episodes.

1) There was a fairly recent one where the guest said that feelings are meant to be felt and not struggled with, and it's the struggling that magnifies them and the feeling that allows them to pass through you and dissolve. Who was that? Aside from that here are more general topics. Please suggest episodes that deal with these in a way you feel is significant:
2) Depression from as early as one can remember
3) Panic attacks brought on by social anxiety, and also just those two topics separately (panic attacks and social anxiety)
4) Suicidal thoughts
5) Multiple unsuccessful attempts at prescribed medications

Your help is very very valued and appreciated. Thanks!
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Episodes on Depression, Social Anxiety and More

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

Thanks Aviv,

1) I think you might be talking about the Ed Crasnick episode. He talked about the Sedona Method.

2) Hmmm. A lot of people, but I'm blanking on specifically who. Meghan Daum maybe? Teresa Strasser? Morgan Murphy?

3) Eddie Pepitone, Teresa Strasser, Steve Agee.

4) Rob Delaney. Teresa Strasser.

5) Hmmm. Many people, but no one specifically is coming to mind. I am one of those people though. I have probably tried 12 to 15 different meds and various dosage combinations of each.

Hope that helps!

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
Aviv

Re: Episodes on Depression, Social Anxiety and More

Post by Aviv »

Thanks so much Paul. I've been wanting to tell you this for a while so I guess this is as good of a time as any: I truly believe that your podcast, if viewed as a massive co-authored project written by you and all of your guests, contains the entire scope of human experience and emotion and has all the answers, similarly to how some people describe the bible or the Iliad and Odyssey. And just to be clear, in this view the bible isn't the word of God, but like I said, a co-authored project compiled over a very long period of time.

I decided I wouldn't burden my friend with a bunch of past episodes yet. For now I'll recommend she listen to the newest episode whenever she gets the chance and hopefully she'll immediately recognizes (just like I did) that this is a one-of-a-kind thing and she'll get hooked.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”