Maybe a stupid question but... (podcast idea?)

Post discussions as new topics.
a_schoe

Maybe a stupid question but... (podcast idea?)

Post by a_schoe »

Okay, so there are two years' worth of episodes and I'm sure I'm just forgetting something, and I haven't listened to the most recent episode with Claire Laffar, but has there been an episode where a guest talked about an alcoholic/addicted parent in detail?

I know we've had recovering addicts, and that's wonderful. Truly, to see the struggles of the recovery end of addiction that aren't glossy and Hollywood glamored is really, really spectacular. And I know we've had a few guests come on that talked about their parents' unhealthy behavior and/or unstable mental conditions, but I just can't recall there being an episode where a guest discusses their parents' addictions.

And I'm pointing out alcoholism specifically because my father was an alcoholic and his alcoholism has dramatically affected my life. From my behavior to my feelings towards alcohol, to my sister's anxiety issues, to my mom's increasingly immature behavior. This all centers on my father's alcoholism or its consequences and I would really like to see this explored in depth because it makes me feel left out. Not that there isn't stuff in the podcast that doesn't make me feel included. But I'm pretty sure I'm not alone in this experience and I would love that confirmation.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Maybe a stupid question but... (podcast idea?)

Post by ghughes1980 »

episode 71: Dave Anthony He discusses his father's alcoholism pretty in depth.
a_schoe

Re: Maybe a stupid question but... (podcast idea?)

Post by a_schoe »

AH! THANK YOU! :D

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”