Adam Carolla - look forward to Part 2

Post discussions as new topics.
Veronica

Adam Carolla - look forward to Part 2

Post by Veronica »

I'm only three episodes in but I really, really enjoyed hearing Carolla's insights into growing up in a "nothing" house. Please bring him back for more!

Vero
aseiado

Re: Adam Carolla - look forward to Part 2

Post by aseiado »

Wow, really great episode. I'm just catching up with your podcast and I'm extremely impressed by your ability to interview people, open up about yourself and make them feel comfortable to talk about themselves. Great job with Adam. When will you go back to his show? He really seems to like you as your Rep. character...maybe you should go back as you, Paul!
Paul Gilmartin
Issues: Depression, Alcoholism, Drug Addiction, Incest Survivor
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Paul Gilmartin »

I always pitch them the idea of me coming on as myself. Maybe they'll go for it at some point, but they seem to prefer having me on as the Congressman.

:D

Paul
http://mentalpod.comNothing degrades the quality of my life like obsessing about the quality of my life.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Paul, when you do your Republican Richard Martin character on Adam Carolla next time, have the good congressman talk about his internet forum stalking of gay and bi-curious entertainers - all in the name of trying to save their souls, not sexual attraction at all! :D Satirize the pathetic lives of those trolls that criticize you on the Adam Carolla message-boards! :lol: Cheers!
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
dare i say it

Post by dare i say it »

I just listened to the episode with Adam again. I had a very different reaction this time. (What the hell is that?) At the end Paul asks him to give advice to anyone out there struggling with depression. Last time I heard that advice, I felt pathetic and defeated. I guess I took the stance that he couldn't possibly know how bad I felt. This time I feel like there might actually be something in that advice that I can do. Hmmm. Anyway, great interview.
Be kind; everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
LiaP

Post by LiaP »

I have been bingeing on episodes the past few weeks ever since I discovered this podcast. I knew who Adam Carolla was before listening to him on this podcast but had never seen him on Loveline or listened to his podcast or read his books. This was the first podcast I listened to and I was blown away. My experience growing up was different from Adam's but the after-effects are eerily similar. I have never heard someone talk about how they don't tell their family a thing about their lives before - or heard anyone say how they had to "learn to be a human being" and celebrate birthdays and anniversaries, etc. I was blown away. I listened to it no fewer than 10 times. It's one of the only times in this life that I havent felt completely alone and non-human in the way that I experience this world. I even sent the podcast to my therapist to listen to so she would "get" me more and we would have something more to talk about.

Anyway - if you are reading this, Paul - can you please bring Adam back for Part II sooner rather than later? I could listen to stories about his family and its effects on him all day long. And even on the 10th listen, I still laugh at your Hallmark card banter. Hilarious. And exactly what I needed right now in my life. So so glad you are doing this podcast. It's my new favorite. And I listen to hours of podcasts each day.
erina32

Post by erina32 »

Dear LiaP,

Since you really enjoyed listening to Adam, I think you would really like his podcast. It's called The Adam Carolla Show and it's one of the most popular ones on itunes. It's a daily podcast and it's pretty good.
PeyoteUgly

Post by PeyoteUgly »

Really wish people would stop paying attention to this hack.
His sub-troglodytic views on women alone are enough to see what a dolt this guy is.
Add his incredibly ignorant views about health care, addiction, welfare, etc to the mix and you have a grade-A asshat.
Carolla is the real-life version of Gilmartin's satirical congressman.
PeyoteUgly

Post by PeyoteUgly »

aaaannnnnd now this turd is doing a show with fucking Dennis Prager.
don't know who he is? google it. a true champion of women's rights, compassionate health care, the poor, etc. </sarcasm>
fuck this asshole.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”