Episode 116

Post discussions as new topics.
cleansheets

Episode 116

Post by cleansheets »

Dear Shame and Secrets survey writer "Broken Doll",

I feel like that survey was written by me. Every minute detail was the same. I have never spoken to anyone that has gone through the same thing as me in this respect, and want to talk to you. If you read this, please contact.

<3
cleansheets
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Re: Episode 116

Post by ghughes1980 »

Last night I slept maybe 45 minutes so the episode at 3:45am was a great place to go to keep me focused on something else. I'm a big fan of the listener episodes and I'm happy to recommend them!
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

Shame and Secrets Survey Tracy18:

I'm 6 years too young to be the Jeff who got the mean valentine, but I had greasy hair and gray teeth and had lots of shitty things said to me when I was in school. But who cares? I grew up and your Jeff grew up and we can leave 4th grade behind us.

I gave valentines to everyone in my class, boy and girl, and personalized them with the animals that each person reminded me of. From a mouse to a elephant, it might have said, with a cartoon of an elephant. I was the mouse, because I was also the smallest boy in class pretty much my whole life. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but now I feel bad for inadvertently insulting people who may not have wanted to be compared to , say, an elephant, or a dog.

I cringe about it sometimes but, come on--it was elementary school, let's let it go. :)
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Post by ghughes1980 »

The thing is: You "think" you've let it go but it has shaped your world view without your knowledge. Then you begin to have problems dealing with other situations and you don't know why. I like Jeff (not sure if it's that spelling, please feel free to correct me.) have the same type of experiences and when you have other issues "letting it go" just doesn't work the way you think it should and that can really screw things up.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”