Episode 123

Post discussions as new topics.
ghughes1980
Issues: Physical disability, mental disability, depression, anxiety, PTSD
preferred pronoun: He

Episode 123

Post by ghughes1980 »

Heading into therapy listening to this week's episode I am so moved. Maybe the best episode this year. I related so well to Baron's isolation in living in a city where you don't really know anyone. And that's just the first five minutes. Please everyone listen to this episode, you will be moved.
shanarchy

Re: Episode 123

Post by shanarchy »

Paul,

I want to buy your kettlebell! I'm a certified trainer and I'd love to buy it or donate to your podcast in exchange for your autographed kettlebell!

Please, consider my offer.
~Shanarchy

"You are more talented than you think, more beautiful than you know, and more loved than you can imagine." ~Kandee Johnson
Fargin
Issues: Avoidant Personality Disorder

Post by Fargin »

Hi Paul,

Episode 123 started with a little too much comedy shoptalk to the extent where it began annoying me, but then as you said it "changed gear" and then the most beautiful podcast ever unfolded and it just kept unfolding. I'm not sure what it is that you do, but you manage to make your podcast a safe place, where your guests trust you enough to open up to you, us and themselves.

Can't thank you and Baron enough for this great episode.
mouse

Post by mouse »

A beautiful episode. Missed having the fear off and love off, though.
Don't let the bastards grind you down
ether667

Post by ether667 »

As a comedy nerd this was great. As a fan of Baron Vaughn and a long time listener of his podcast, I felt this was a really touching and meaningful episode. I would LOVE to hear Baron back on the show in the future, and perhaps Paul do an episode of Real S##! as well! I've related to both Baron and Paul more than ANY other comedians out there and I was captivated during every moment. Breaking the ice with comedy shop talk was awesome as I CAN'T GET ENOUGH SHOP TALK! I'm really close to making the jump into the comedy world and listening to it helps to motivate and push me in that direction.

I myself never felt like my childhood and such was 'terrible enough' in order to draw from or feel legitimate in my art, as if I'm just spoiled and whiny. Hearing Baron express the same feelings and then open up about a chaotic upbringing showed me that even I've compartmentalized so much of it. I'm at that same point too, the responsible perspective, that I don't see my parent/parents as having been horrible and failures but instead human beings trying to do their best. That's my fear as a single parent of 2 children that one day they will blame me for all their issues and not be able to see that I was doing my best. (and this sort of thing is what makes so many potentially wonderful parents never have kids in the first place)

Love this. One of the most deeply relate able episodes I've ever listened to, personally for me.
MizLzie

Post by MizLzie »

Great episode. All I could think at first was how I would have hung out with him while he was in Vancouver, I live not far away! And how even after living here for as long as I have I still feel lonely. Teared up when he did as I wandered around the grocery store. I actually had to stop to compose myself a bit.

I had the pleasure of seeing Baron on Comedy Bang Bang during the comedy festival here and he was fantastic. Loved this episode.

What ether said rings true for me as well. Thanks for explaining so well. :)
ether667

Post by ether667 »

So jealous MizLzie!! It's a long walk to that venue from the northeast lol Heaven for a comedy nerd! :p

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”