Baron Vaughn

Post discussions as new topics.
inmymind
Issues: Depression, anxiety, intimate relationships.
preferred pronoun: He

Baron Vaughn

Post by inmymind »

Paul and Baron,

I so enjoyed this latest podcast. Baron, you were very genuine, funny, and you got to it. I like the way you were so comfortable with sharing, and the way you kind of knew you were leading up to that emotional spot that was going to get to you. I'm impressed. I'm sorry you had such a tough life, but I admire how you guided yourself though it.

I don't know what the hell those parents were thinking who let you sleep in the same bed as their daughters while you were in high school, but I'm happy you had refuge. I can't imagine what life would have been like for you if you didn't have a place to go to. I hope you thanked those families for taking you in (I'm sure you have, you seem like such a nice person).

I'm glad you got to a place were you could understand that your mother didn't have anything against you, and that she was just coping with her own sickness and guilty feelings about not being a good mom for you.

Paul, another great show. Thank you.
Jose

Re: Baron Vaughn

Post by Jose »

I really liked this episode, Baron is a comedian I was familiar with, but never knew much about. I could relate to a lot of his story, and when he finally reached that cathartic moment where he talks about identifying with his mother, I felt a lot of sadness but was proud of him for being so honest at the same time.

I loved the part when he talked about kids trying to rag on him in school, and since he had such an innate sense of humor, he could just shut them down by saying "That's not good." Sometimes I feel really rude for not laughing at peoples jokes when it's obvious they're trying really hard, but the same thought runs through my head "That's not good." I am a very generous laugher, and if you get me there you'll think there's a hyena in the room, but I really hate those moments when someone is reaching to be funny and I just give them silence. It's a little different than what he was dealing with, but it reminded me of this thing I've so often encountered in my life and gave me 3 words to describe it- "That's not good."

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”