Thank you for the mini-episodes!

Post discussions as new topics.
Glock therapy
Issues: Depression, isolation, procrastination, shame
preferred pronoun: He

Thank you for the mini-episodes!

Post by Glock therapy »

I just want to say that the mini-episodes have been extremely valuable for me and I really hope they'll continue beyond the six (?) that Paul has planned (aargh, does that remark make Paul feel obligated to do more even if he doesn't want to? Make him feel overextended and on a treadmill that just won't shut off? I hope it can be taken as a simple compliment :) ). I really appreciate them both for the content and the fact that they're there as treats in between the weeklies; MIHH is a real buoy, and I really would love having more frequent episodes, even if they're really short, or just surveys or just Paul riffing (most often my favorite part of the regular episodes). I know that Paul likes to let his interviews stretch out at a naturally conversational pace, and I really prize that. But these weeklies are a nice counterpoint with their focus and practicality.

I write with tears in my eyes at work feeling so rotten and this episode (Loneliness) is such a lifeline today. Geez, I better send a donation already. Thank you Paul, thank you community.
brave-girl-living

Re: Thank you for the mini-episodes!

Post by brave-girl-living »

^ what she said :D
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Post by rivergirl »

What they said! I find these discussions really useful, I love having another MIHH episode to listen to during the week, and I love how Guy Winch just rolls with Paul's sense of humor. I also realized that in one of my really depressed times earlier this year I bought "Emotional First Aid", put it in my bedside table, and left it there (thinking I would absorb it by osmosis, perhaps?) Now I'm motivated to actually read the book and try to put more of the tools into practice.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Agreed they have been fantastic, hope there's more in the future
Hail Ceasar
Issues: Mild body dysmorphia and intrusive thoughts
preferred pronoun: He

Post by Hail Ceasar »

Is there a previous version of Dr. Winch's book "Emotional First Aid"? I just went to buy it from Amazon and it apparently doesn't come out until 7/29/14.

Return to “Discuss the podcasts.”