Non-Alcoholic Drink

lutherangirl
Issues: OCD, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression

Re: Non-Alcoholic Drink

Post by lutherangirl »

SD,

I feel the same way about Prozac. It helps, I guess, but I'm learning just to "embrace the suck." I think when people seek help when their experiencing the first warning signs of mental illness, they have a better chance for their brain to adapt. If you let it go and try to control it on your own, after so many years, it's hard to change. The old saying, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

I agree that girl should give up boxing; it's not good for the brain at all.

I'm going to buy those Hoya drinks this weekend and see if they relax me. Although I finally got the nerve to go buy them and OCD'd myself out of buying them. LOL. I went back to the store last night, and they were out of stock. So, now, I'm wondering if this is a sign that I shouldn't try them?

lg
Enjoy the day you have. The next might not be so good. This is how it is with a mental illness.
lutherangirl

Post by lutherangirl »

Update!

I tried the drink by Hiyo. I had three and didn't experience the "float" the company advertises. They didn't taste too bad, low on calories, but too expensive on my dog walking/watching budget. So now, still in search for something else.

lg
Enjoy the day you have. The next might not be so good. This is how it is with a mental illness.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

hmm, maybe a drink is not the best way to achieve what you are looking for

have you tried guided meditation? in youtube search, if you put the keywords "guided meditation" and keywords describing the mental state you are after, i bet you would have good luck
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
lutherangirl

Post by lutherangirl »

MM

Thank you for the info on meditation. I'm just not a fan. I exercise, read, and pray a lot.

lg
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

lutherangirl wrote: January 31st, 2024, 12:36 pm I exercise, read, and pray a lot.
Oh, lutherangirl, that is great! Those three can have positive effects on your mood. With the non-alcoholic drink you were talking about, were you hoping for an anxiety-reducing effect?
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress

Return to “Meds/Supplements”