Intro ..

Post a description of yourself and your issues/struggles. Include a picture if you like. Don't forget to include good stuff too! Thanks to guest Nadereh for suggesting this thread for people who are tired of dating sites that don't present honest portrayals of people and their issues. If you'd prefer to correspond with someone privately send them a message instead of posting.
girlonthe3rdfloor

Intro ..

Post by girlonthe3rdfloor »

Hello everyone, I suggested that start a topic or announce to the community on his podcast to find ways for single people who are looking to date find one another here. I have not yet worked out the detail ..how this is going to work. But I gladly take suggestions. I am single right now and really tired of the mainstream "dating culture" so in the laziest way possible I would the the # 72 episode if any one want to look me up and learn a little about my history. There is some new update since then -of course - that I will gladly respond to. Since that picture I have put on a good 25 lbs because I was on anti depression meds for about 8 months- I have been off of it almost 4 months and doing great so far. I have been in therapy as well -but now only "maintenance". I am 50 yrs old now- have dated women too but looking for a male companion (don't ask me why- I don't know!!!!) I be more then happy to provide more detail .. but I think this is a good intro for the time being .. in general people who have suffered or suffering from PTSD - I make a great connection with. I believe my main issue if I were to give it a medical Dx. its really my PTSD from my past. occasional depression or anxiety ..etc I think is the secondary to that. I am very pro-active with mental health issues since my job is also a "psychiatric nurse". Happy hunting to all single-tired folks who are hoping to not stay alone and not compromise who they are .. or what their struggle is in life ... much love to "the mental illness happy hour community" and also to Paul Gilmartin for his work.
Thanks for reading me; Nadereh! (I won't proofread what I just wrote- so sorry for any typo ..etc!)
CosM129
Issues: Bipolar Disorder, Depression, Social Anxiety..
preferred pronoun: She

Re: Intro ..

Post by CosM129 »

Maybe post in here without mentioning anything about
Illness. Have everyone state basics like who they are, hobbies, where they live
Work etc....
Then after the two people talk they can delve further into things like whether or not they are depressed, medicines, therapy etc

NOT TO HIDE ANYTHING just to make it simpler like an almost real dating place,
You could tell people to say I have issues but.... Then the intro
I hope it works I really do
Just wanted to add my two cents because we're not our illnesses

Return to “Tired & Looking: An Honest Place to Seek A Partner”