Any experience with geodone

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
daniel_g

Any experience with geodone

Post by daniel_g »

My doctor is wanting to try adding geodone to help me sleep and balance out my bipolar upswing. I've never had it before and I'm worried with how it will affect me. I'm already taking lamictal, latuda, and wellbutrin. I think I'm going to have him lower the wellbutrin first, but I'm curious if anyone here has taken geodone and how it has been for you.
WiltedRose

Re: Any experience with geodone

Post by WiltedRose »

very recently tried geodone for the first time ever. I remember when it was a brand new drug and friends being on it, but it was one I had never tried.
My experience wasn't very good. She started me on a small dose, just in the evening - and after a few days wanted me to increase to twice daily. But it knocked me out like a "horse tranquilzer". Each pm i took it, when it hit I was super sedate- no way i could have driven or carrried out any sort of activity when it hit me. (I slept well). Obviously it was too strong an my Dr. Said that most of her clients do not react in that manner at all. She thinks my low body weight may have been a factor. We finally gave up on it. I am starting lamictal tonight, as a matter of fact. Just 25mg at bedtime for starters - and hoping over time to increase dose to a more therapeutiic level .
I also found out that the geodone does not combine safely with some of the other meds I'm on for GI issues (particularly reglan and zofran). So I ended up in the ER one night, and just happened to find out I had a minor arrhythmia induced by the med combo. (my dr hadn't realized how often i needed to be taking the gi meds - thus she missed the risk of the prolonged Q-T interval , or whatever it was).
just my experience. If you can tolerate it though, as most people can, I wish you luck

Return to “Medications”