Viibryd

Discuss how medications do or do not work for you. Post as a new topic.
nucking futs

Viibryd

Post by nucking futs »

Doc is moving me from celexa to Viibryd. I googled it and the reviews are mixed. Let's hope that it does better for me than celexa.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: Viibryd

Post by manuel_moe_g »

I will hope and pray for you. Medication is hard, I have seen my mother suffer mightily. I am stable on a combination of Effexor and Neurontin (Gabapentin) - doesn't remove background depression and anxiety, but does "even me out".

Please take care, good luck, we are all cheering for your best today and tomorrow! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
nucking futs

Post by nucking futs »

So far so good. I have been working my way up to 40mg/day and the only side effect seems to be a little insomnia. I have started taking the Viibryd earlier in the day to offset this, but it doesn't seem to be helping. As for the efficacy of the medication, it seems to be working. My doctor prescribed Viibryd because I was having ruminative thoughts. I would just worry about something over and over and I couldn't stop. It seems to have stopped that, but the real test will be if a particularly stressful situation comes along.
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Post by manuel_moe_g »

There are cognitive techniques to stop ruminative thoughts:

Acceptance and commitment therapy or ACT

I used the window opened by drugs to practice cognitive techniques.

Please take care, all the best, we here are all cheering for you greatest today and tomorrow! :D 8-)
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
Tweedle

Post by Tweedle »

Just wondering how Viibryd worked for you. I've been taking it for a couple of months. I feel a little better. This medicine has caused extremely vivid dreams. Did you experience that?
hedgewitch

Post by hedgewitch »

Only lately have I been having vivid dreams (or at least, that I remember). I guess I'm having them more frequently than I did pre-Viibryd.

My only problem with Viibryd is that there is no generic, therefore expensive. Not looking forward to talking to my doc to put me on something with a $5 copay when the thing with the $70 copay seemingly works.
unapalomablanca

Post by unapalomablanca »

I've been on Viibryd for just over a year, and just went up to 60 mg/day. It works well for me, but I have to take it at the same time every day. If I don't, depressive symptoms start kicking in really fast.

As for the vivid dreams, I've had that side effect with almost every antidepressant I've been on. Fortunately, they don't seem to increase the number of nightmares I get, so I kind of like it. A friend of mine who is a psychologist calls antidepressants "dream amplifiers."

Return to “Medications”