Fantasy

Discussions on addictions and their relationship to depression. Post as new topic.
hobojungle
Issues: Depression. Anxiety. Agoraphobia. Possible ASD.
preferred pronoun: Lady

Re: Fantasy

Post by hobojungle »

Went to a support group yesterday. It was just me & the facilitator. I talked more than I usually would. 2nd support group since moving in with parents in June. Since we live in the country, getting to a group is a little more involved process. The group is through a religious nonprofit. I believe in a little bit of everything & a little bit of nothing at this point. Whatever helps.

I am thinking of pursuing a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder. At the very least, research will help me understand myself better. Maybe I will learn why interacting with humans is so exhausting.
I am acceptable; you are acceptable.
rivergirl
Issues: Depression, Anxiety

Re: Fantasy

Post by rivergirl »

Hey Hobo,
Congratulations on making it to the support group, especially because it took extra effort.

Also just wanted to add that I think it's important that you're aware that your involvement with the long-distance person is a fantasy. In 2008 I got into a long distance relationship with a man I'd dated 30 years earlier in high school, now living literally 3000 miles away from me. It took 7 years and so much pain during the relationship and after it ended in 2015 for me to realize how much of our relationship was based on fantasies of who we were and about our future together rather than reality.

Sending good thoughts your way,

rg

Return to “Are you addicted?”