Nicotine

Discussions on addictions and their relationship to depression. Post as new topic.
stigglitz

Nicotine

Post by stigglitz »

Anyone with add or adhd ever have to quit? I have been trying to quit for 4 years now and as im typing this i am back on the patch and one day into it. I just wanted to see what others had to say on the subject and if you are doing the same?
Rosie

Re: Nicotine

Post by Rosie »

Hi

I stopped smoking 7yrs ago and will never smoke again. Stopping with your own will or using substitutes is hard work. I read one book as have thousands of others and quit - Allen Carr - Easyway to stop smoking forever. You are literally de-brainwashed from believing that you enjoy it, it helps with stress or you are addicted. You have to smoke while reading the book and during the last chapter you smoke your last cigarette and believe me you really won't want a cigarette anywhere near you.

Mind you he wrote one about overeating but that didn't work!

Good luck,
Theswede

Post by Theswede »

Hi!
I tried to read the book but My adhd diagnose make it booring to read books.
After a few years i found Allen carrs audiobook. I listened to it 3-4 times and now I have been totalt nicotinefree for about 1 year. I was in nicotineaddiction for about 17 years. Tried to quit many times with patches and gums.
jessy27

Post by jessy27 »

Great to hear you both quit, I smoked for over thirty years and just celebrated my second year free from cigs.
But I have to admit it was the hardest thing I have ever done. :D
JasmineP

Post by JasmineP »

I may have to try that book. I'm not the most addicted smoker but when I get stressed and anxious it's a thing to do. I know it's a bad thing and I try not to and as i'm smoking i'm criticizing myself for buying another pack. i'm currently smoking 2 cigarettes a day but I know I need to stop. i've been smoking off and on for about 4 years. i've been able to stop for about a month or so but then i get really anxious about something and the meditative quality of smoking seems to calm and re-direct my energy. I know it's not helping the cause and I try not to but then i think about it and i smoke another. It's so dumb. i'll look into that book and hopefully it'll help me quit and not pick it up again.
Chisa

Post by Chisa »

stopped smoking ages ago. still addicted to nicotine though. :(
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Return to “Are you addicted?”