It really works

Discussions on addictions and their relationship to depression. Post as new topic.
Jenny Jump

It really works

Post by Jenny Jump »

As I mentioned in the introduction part of the forum, I am a recovering alcoholic. I attend support group meetings. They really work. I've gone through many things, but picking up a drink or a drug is something I have not done since April 19, 1993.

I am not an expert. I can only share my experience, strength, and hope. If anyone is struggling with an addiction and wants to talk--I'm here.
"I know what I am, I know what you think I am, but I refuse to be that simple." -Nomy Lamm
manuel_moe_g
Issues: Depression, Anxiety
preferred pronoun: he

Re: It really works

Post by manuel_moe_g »

Hello Jenny Jump, welcome to our little forum!

We here all are excited to read your written contributions, and we here all wish you the greatest today and tomorrow! :D
~~~~~~
http://www.reddit.com/r/obsequious_thumbtack -- Obsequious Thumbtack Headdress
DrCatPantsPhd

Post by DrCatPantsPhd »

Congratulations on over 20 years sobriety! That's an amazing feat!

What support groups did you attend? I'm interested in joining one for my drug use, but wasn't sold by the few NA meetings I attended. I'm looking for other options.
LeeLeeLee

Post by LeeLeeLee »

Hi Jenny Jump - welcome and congrats on your long term sobriety. My sobriety date is March 1, 1993 - we're almost sober twins!
"There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in..." Leonard Cohen

Return to “Are you addicted?”