Had Another One of Those Moments

Whether it is good or bad, talk about it here.
remarks
Issues: overeating, anxiety, seasonal depression, emotional incest
preferred pronoun: Hey You!

Had Another One of Those Moments

Post by remarks »

I would say twice a week on average, I allow those negative thoughts in my head to take over. It happened tonight while cooking dinner. I was reflecting over the past week and what I had (and had not) accomplished. Suddenly, I allowed myself to accept that negative voice that told me I have accomplished NOTHING this week and it's been a total waste of time. This isn't something I can easily shake off. Unfortunately, I ended up taking it out on my family by being in a bad mood for several hours afterwards. I'm hoping posting this will help me get out of my funk.

Does anyone else ever have those moments, when all the sudden you just tell yourself that it's all going terribly wrong? What do you do?
BCZF

Re: Had Another One of Those Moments

Post by BCZF »

Hello Remarks..

No you are not alone. I think I can say when negative feelings enter our mind, we dwell and we dwell and we begin to obsess on why we are dwelling and obsessing, it becomes this endless loop of misery. Remember if you accomplish "nothing", so what? Unless its having to do with taking care of yourself or others (children, work, etc) whose survival depends on constant attention, then allow yourself time to breathe.. Explain to the spouse/sig-o'er your feeling, keeping it under wraps wont help and will just keep youre loved ones guessing..

John

bczf
jenloiacono

Post by jenloiacono »

remarks,

you are definitely not alone. sometimes that negative voice in our heads is so incredibly convincing, it's hard to snap back out of believing it.

I agree completely with John/BCZF
Remember if you accomplish "nothing", so what?
I'm trying very hard to live by the quote that is my signature. "Sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe."

try to remember to cut yourself some slack and be a friend to yourself. (that sounds super lame, but you wouldn't talk to your friend the way you talk to yourself.)

Jennifer
sometimes, it's okay if the only thing you did today was breathe
LaiLaiGirl

Post by LaiLaiGirl »

That little voice in your head can be so powerful. I am so guilty of listening to that voice, so I know how you feel. I'd say one of the best things you can do is stop what you're doing -- take a break. Take some time to write down your thoughts, pound a pillow, go to a quiet room and breathe slowly, or count as high as you can until you feel calm.

I was having a pretty crappy few days where I was crying off and on several times a day. Yesterday I started playing one of my favorite games (YDKJ) and it greatly improved my mood. Today was the first day I haven't cried, and I actually felt good.

I know life will never be perfect, but it can be good. I hope you will see that too. :)
I drink to make other people more interesting. ― Ernest Hemingway
Visit My Blog and leave me *your* two cents: www.lailaigirl.com

Return to “How Do You Feel Right Now”